|29||30|| || || || || |
Home > Inspirational Bible Verses
Inspirational Bible Verses
- The greatest privilege God gives to you is the freedom to approach Him at any time.
- Let us then approach the throne of grace, with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need. Hebrews 4:16
- If you draw near to me I will draw near to you… James 4:8
- Some of the ways you can draw near to GOD is to read the Bible, Pray, Go to Church, Thank him for Life, Tell him that you Love Him, Obey his Commandments and Repent of any sins you may have committed.
- God so loved the world that he sent his only begotten son, that whosoever believed in him should not die but have everlasting life. John 3:16
- We have two bodies, a Flesh Body and a Spiritual Body. When the flesh body dies it decomposes and the spiritual body returns to GOD to be judged if it should die or live forever.
- Do not face a day until you have faced God.
- O God…early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is. Psalm 63:1
- Love is the one business in which it pays to be an absolute spendthrift: give it away; throw it away; splash it over; empty your pockets; shake the basket; and tomorrow you’ll have more than ever.
- Excel in this grace of giving. I am not commanding you, but I want to test the sincerity of your love. 2 Corinthians 8:7-8 NIV ~
- The Bible is our special, very own Book, Writing, and Word of the Holy Spirit.
- All scriptures, is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.2 Timothy 3:16 ~
- Whenever a man reads the Word of God, the Holy Spirit is speaking to him.
- No prophecy of scripture is of any private interpretation, for prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit. 2 Peter 1:20-21 ~
- Being at peace with yourself, is a direct result of finding peace with God.
- And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:7 ~
- A great many people are trying to make peace, but that has already been done. God has not left it for us to do; all we have to do--- is to enter into it.
- Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. Isaiah 26:3 ~
- And as a new-born babe he gladly receives the sincere milk of the Word, and grows thereby…from faith to faith, from grace to grace, until at length he comes into a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ.
- Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation, now that you have tasted that the Lord is good.1 Peter 2:2-3 NIV ~
From the time of our being “born again” the gradual work of sanctification takes place. We are enabled by the Spirit to mortify the deeds of the body, of our evil nature, and as we are more and more dead to sin, we are more and more alive to God.
- For if you live according to the sinful nature, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live, because those who are led by the Spirit of God are the sons of God. Romans 8:13-14 NIV ~
- The difference between listening to a radio sermon and going to church… is almost like the difference between calling your girl on the phone and spending an evening with her.
- Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another. Hebrews 10:25 NIV ~
- Church attendance is as vital to a disciple as a transfusion of rich, healthy blood to a sick man.
- If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. John 8:31-32 NKJV ~
- Success is …seeking, knowing, loving and obeying God. If you seek, you will know; if you know, you will love; if you love, you will obey.
- Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord, According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue. 2 Peter 1:2-3 ~
- He that has learned to obey will know how to command.
- The wise in heart accept commands, but a chattering fool comes to ruin. Proverbs 10:8 NIV ~
- Give your troubles to God; He will be up all night anyway.
- Casting all your anxiety upon Him, because He cares for you. 1 Peter 5:7 NASB ~
- Prayer can change what arguments can’t settle.
- Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you. Matthew 5:44 ~
- Father, accept my imperfect repentance, be compassionate toward my infirmities, purify my uncleanness, strengthen my weakness, fix my unstableness, and let thy good Spirit watch over me forever, and thy love ever rule in my heart. Amen.
- If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9 NKJV~
- To believers in Christ who walk in this way, there is no condemnation for their past sins. God does not condemn their past. It is as though these past sins had never been, as if a stone were thrown to the bottom of the sea.
- As far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us. Psalm 103:12 NASB ~
- Give me a task too big, too hard for human hands, then I shall come at length to lean on thee, and leaning, find my strength.
- Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. Proverbs 3:5 NIV ~
- If God be your partner, make your plans large.
- I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13 ~
- Old patterns will persist if serious effort is not made to change them.
- So work with fear and trembling to discover what it really means to be saved God is working in you to make you willing and able to obey him. Philippians 2:12-13 CEV~
- You are what you think about.
- Lead every thought and purpose away captive into the obedience of Christ. 2 Corinthians 10:5 AMP~
- To pray does not only mean to seek help; it also means to seek Him.
- Your face, Lord, do I seek. Psalm 27:8 NRSV~
- No prayer of adoration will ever soar higher than a simple cry: “I love You, God.”
- And though you have not seen Him, you love Him, and though you do not see Him now, but believe in Him, you greatly rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory. 1 Peter 1:8 NASB ~
- Imitating Christ is opening the door to friendship.
- Be therefore imitators of God as His beloved children, and live in love, as Christ also loved us and gave Himself for us. Ephesians 5:1-2 MLB~
- A faithful friend is an image of God.
- But we all, as with unveiled face we see as in a mirror the Lord’s glory reflected, are changed into the same likeness from one degree of glory to another. 2 Corinthians 3:18 MLB~
- There is no father on earth who has as much love in his heart as God has for you. You may be sinful as hell; yet God stands ready and willing to receive you to His bosom and to forgive you freely.
- For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16~
- Rely simply on Him that loves you, and whom you love; just as a little helpless child. Christ is yours, all yours: that is enough. Lean your whole soul upon Him!
- Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. Proverbs 3:5 ~
- Depend on it, God’s work done in God’s way will never lack God’s supplies.
- If you are willing and obedient, you will eat the best from the land. Isaiah 1:19 NIV~
- I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
- Under his (Christ’s)direction the whole body is fitted together perfectly, and each part in its own special way helps the other parts. Ephesians4:16 TLB~
- An error doesn’t become a mistake until you refuse to correct it.
- He who heeds discipline shows the way to life, but whoever ignores correction leads others astray. Proverbs 10:17 NIV~
- When you make a mistake, admit it; learn from it and don’t repeat it.
- Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret. 2 Corinthians 7:10 NIV~
- God not only gives us answers to our prayers, but with every answer gives us something of Himself.
- Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. Jeremiah 29:12-13 NIV~
- Prayer is a rising up and a drawing near to God in mind, and in heart, and in spirit.
- Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. James 4:8 NASB
- He does good to himself who does good to his friend.
- Whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me. Matthew 25:40 NIV~
- Keep company with good men and good men you will imitate.
- Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend. Proverbs 27:17~
- Decisions can take you out of God’s will but never out of His reach.
- If we are faithless, He will remain faithful, for he cannot disown himself. 2 Timothy 2:13 NIV~
- If you have stumbled, O seeker of God, do not just lie there fretting and bemoaning your weakness! Patiently pray: “Lord, I acknowledge that every moment I would be stumbling if you were not upholding me.” And then get up! Leap! Walk! Go on your way! Run with resolution the race in which you are entered.
- Let us also lay aside every encumbrance, and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith. Hebrews 12:1-2 NASB~
- Be content in the calling, God has placed you.
- But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him. 1 Corinthians 12:18~
- The secret of contentment is the realization that life is a gift, not a right.
- But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. 1 Timothy 6:6-7~
- To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover the prisoner was you.
- For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses. Matthew 6:14-15 ~
- He who forgives first, wins.
- …forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 NIV~
- Some people think God does not like to be troubled with our constant coming and asking. The only way to trouble God is not to come at all.
- Ye have not, because ye ask not. James 4:2
- God’s giving is inseparably connected with our asking.
- You do not have, because you do not ask. James 4:2 NRSV~
- The love toward our neighbors must be like the pure and chaste love between bride and bridegroom, where all faults are connived at (overlooked) and borne with, and only the virtues regarded.
- Now that you have purified yourselves by obeying the truth so that you have sincere love for your brothers, love one another deeply, from the heart.1 Peter 1:22 NIV
- Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ. Galatians 6:2 RSV~
- I scarcely thought it possible for a man to retain the Christian spirit amidst the noise and bustle of the world. God taught me better by my own experience.
- For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men. It teaches us to say “No” to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age. Titus 2:11-12 NIV~
- God has also, through the intercession of His Son, given us His Holy Spirit to renew us both in knowledge and also in His moral image. This being done, we know that all things work together for our good.
- And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28 NIV~
- The best law for Bible study is the law of perseverance. The psalmist says, “I have stuck unto thy testimonies”…Some people are like express trains; they skim along so quickly that they see nothing.
- I have chosen the way of truth: thy judgments have I laid before me. I have stuck unto thy testimonies: O Lord, put me not to shame. Psalm 119:30-31~
- Blessed is he who delights in (the Word of God) and gladly sees this light, for it loves to shine. But moles and bats, that is, the people of the world, do not like it.
- I delight in your commands because I love them. Psalm 119:47 NIV~
- Don’t ask God for what you think is good; ask Him for what He thinks is good for you.
- After this manner therefore pray ye …Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. Matthew 6:9-10~
- Possessions are not given that we may rely on them and glory in them but that we may use and enjoy them and share them with others…Our possessions should be in our hands, not in our hearts.
- Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not high-minded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy. 1 Timothy 6:17 ~
- No day is well spent without communication with God.
- Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud: and he shall hear my voice. Psalm 55:17 ~
- True prayer is a way of life, not just in case of emergency.
- And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. Ephesians 6:18 NIV ~
- God commands us to be filled with the Spirit; and if we aren’t filled, it’s because we’re living beneath our privileges.
- Be filled with the Spirit. Ephesians 5:18~
- The Holy Spirit gives us the inherent ability (power) to be witnesses of God’s great love.
- But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth. Acts 1:8 NKJV~
- One old divine says, “You are not to blame for the birds that fly over your head, but if you allow them to come down and make a nest in your hair, then you are to blame.” And so with these evil thoughts that come flashing into our minds; we have to fight them.
- Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ. 2 Corinthians 10:5 ~
- Being tempted to sin is not a sin. Allowing the thought to stick around is.
- No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it. 1 Corinthians 10:13 NKJV ~
- Being afraid of God is different from fearing God. The fear of God is a fruit of love, but being afraid of Him is the seed of hatred.
- The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction. Proverbs 1:7~
- To fear God means to show reverence: awe, honor, and respect. It has nothing to do with being afraid.
- There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. 1 John 4:18 NKJV~
- It is possible to be too big for God to use you but never too small for God to use you.
- A man’s pride brings him low, but a man of lowly spirit gains honor. Proverbs 29:23 NIV ~
- God has a history of using the insignificant to accomplish the impossible.
- And Jesus looking upon them saith, with men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible. Mark 10:27 ~
- It is such a comfort to drop the tangles of life into God’s hands and leave them there.
- Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you. Psalm 55:22~
- Sometimes the Lord calms the storm; sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child.
- And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:7 NIV~
- Laughter is a tranquilizer with no side effects.
- A merry heart doeth good like a medicine. Proverbs 17:22 ~
- Laughter is the brush that sweeps away the cobwebs of the heart.
- A happy heart is good medicine and a cheerful mind works healing, but a broken spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 AMP~
- Justification means that there isn’t a charge against you. Your sins are completely wiped out; God says He puts them out of His memory.
- All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. Romans 3:23-24 NIV~
- He who is justified performs good works; for this is the meaning of Scripture: Justification precedes good works, and works are performed by those who are justified.
- For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them. Ephesians 2:10 ~
- Falling down doesn’t make you a failure, but staying down does.
- For a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again. Proverbs 24:16 ~
- If you’re heading in the wrong direction, God allows U-turns.
- If you repent, I will restore you that you may serve me. Jeremiah 15:19 NIV~
- Praise is the rehearsal of our eternal song. By grace we learn to sing, and in glory we continue to sing.
- O sing unto the Lord a new song: sing unto the Lord, all the earth. Sing unto the Lord, bless his name; shew forth his salvation from day to day. Psalm 96:1-2 ~
- Holy wonder will lead you to grateful worship.
- Give unto the Lord the glory due unto his name; worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness. Psalm 29:2 ~
- Honesty is the first chapter of the book of wisdom.
- Provide things honest in the sight of all men. Romans 12:17 ~
- The discipline of desire is the background of character.
- But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway. 1 Corinthians 9:27~
- Be careful of your thoughts: They may become words at any moment.
- A wise man’s heart guides his mouth. Proverbs 16:23 NIV ~
- The right train of thought can take you to a better station in life.
- For as he thinks within himself, so he is. Proverbs 23:7 NASB ~
- God always gives His best to those who leave the choice with Him.
- Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits, even the God of our salvation. Psalm 68:19 ~
- If one door shall be shut, God will open another; if the peas do not yield well, the beans may; if one hen leaves her eggs, another will bring all her brood; there’s a bright side to all things, and a good God everywhere.
- O taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him. Psalm 34:8 ~
- I make it a rule of Christian duty never to go to a place where there is not room for my Master as well as myself.
- Don’t be teamed with those who do not love the Lord… how can a Christian be a partner with one who doesn’t believe? 2 Corinthians 6:14-15 TLB ~
- Merely going to church doesn’t make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile.
- Why do you call me “Lord, Lord,” and do not do what I tell you? Luke 6 :46 NRSV ~
- To know the will of God is the greatest knowledge, to find the will of God is the greatest discovery, and to do the will of God is the greatest achievement.
- If anyone serves Me, he must continue to follow me (to cleave steadfastly to Me, conform wholly to My example in living … ) and wherever I am, there will My servant be also. If anyone serves Me, the Father will honor him. John 12:26 AMP~
- The greatest use of life is to spend it for something that will outlast it.
- But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. Matthew 6:20 NIV~
- Watch out for temptation---the more you see of it the better it looks.
- Keep watching and praying that you may not come into temptation. Mark 14:38 NASB ~
- When you flee temptations, don’t leave a forwarding address.
- Now flee from youthful lusts, and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, with those who call on the Lord from a pure heart. 2 Timothy 2:22 NASB ~
- It’s good to be a Christian and know it, but it’s better to be a Christian and show it!
- By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another. John 13:35 ~
- A Christian must keep the faith, but not to himself.
- Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. Mark 16:15 ~
- Lay aside life –harming heaviness and entertain a cheerful disposition.
- A glad heart makes a cheerful countenance, but by sorrow of heart the spirit is broken. Proverbs 15:13 AMP ~
- God wants us to be cheerful, and He hates sadness. For had He wanted us to be sad, He would not have given us the sun, the moon, and the various fruits of the earth. All these He gave for our good cheer.
- Sing, O heavens; and be joyful, O earth; and break forth into singing, O mountains: for the Lord hath comforted his people, and will have mercy upon his afflicted. Isaiah 49:13 ~
- The greatest act of faith is when man decides he is not God.
- Know ye that the Lord he is God; it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture. Psalm 100:3 ~